Being pregnant can be a wonderful time and a stressful time. It’s wonderful because you are growing another human inside you but it might be stressful because you are growing out of all your clothes! It might be hard to figure out how to be stylish, especially if you had troubles figuring that stuff out before pregnancy!
If you are interested in Australian lifestyle fashion in general, then a good resource is a website called Oroton. They have been in business since 1938 and have been front runners in the fashion industry. They specialize in luxury clothing and they take great pride in what they do. If this is something you want more information on, then they are the best place to get it!
Having a few good pants for pregnancy is something that most women are adamant about. Not only do you want to make sure you have pants that fit well, but you also want to be sure that they are comfortable. The comfortable factor is really important because there are so many other aspects of pregnancy that make you feel uncomfortable and just bad. There are many things to consider when finding the perfect pair of maternity pants.
Obviously, this is one of the most important aspects of buying maternity pants. Most pants go by the same sizing and you want to make sure they aren’t too tight or restricting. Most of the time, whatever size you are in jeans are what size your maternity pants will be. The best thing to do is try them on. The sizes are talked about next.
- One Size-These ones are a one size fits most type
- XS-These are usually around sizes 0-2
- S-These are usually around sizes 4-6
- M-These are usually around sizes 8-10
- L-These are usually around sizes 12-14
- XL-These are usually around sizes 16-18
- 1X-These are usually around sizes 18-20
- 2x-These are usually around sizes 22-24
- 3x-These are usually around sizes 26-28
While most places carry maternity pants up to 3x, there are some places that carry bigger sizes. If you need a bigger size, just make sure you do your research so you can get the correct ones.
This is important because most of the time, during pregnancy, a woman can get overly hot or cold. With that being said, you want to make sure you find pants that correspond with the season you are in. For example, if you are pregnant in the spring or summer, you will want to find either shorts or very light pants. This will help you not overheat. On the other hand, if you are pregnant in the fall or winter, you will want to find jeans or heavy sweats. This will help make sure you stay nice and warm. Remember, being overly hot or overly cold can actually have adverse effects on you and your pregnancy.
Colors and Design
Maternity pants actually aren’t very different from normal pants in terms of colors and designs. You can get jeans or pants in colors or ones that have designs on them. The biggest difference is just the size and the fact that most maternity jeans have a piece of stretchy fabric at the top that helps them fit better and support your growing tummy better. The color and design choice really comes down to preference and what looks the best with the other clothes you are wearing that day.
To finish off your maternity outfit, you want to make sure you pick a shirt that fits comfortably as well as loose. You don’t want a shirt that constricts you or is really tight around the breasts or the stomach. There are a few factors to look at when choosing a nice maternity top.
There are so many different styles to choose from and you need to make sure you choose a style that goes well with the season that you are pregnant in. The best thing to do is go and try on shirts and see which one fits the best and most comfortably. Those styles are talked about below.
Style and Color
- Long Sleeve-These are shirts that have sleeves that go to your wrists
- 3/4 Sleeves-These are shirts that have sleeves that stop below the elbow
- Short Sleeves-These are shirts that have sleeves that stop before the elbow
- Tank Tops-These are shirts that don’t have sleeves but do have a broad strap on the shoulders
- Camis-These are shirts that don’t have sleeves but do have a very narrow strap
- Relaxed-These are shirts that have different lengths of sleeves but fit very loosely
- Fitted-These are shirts that have different lengths of sleeves but fit more tight and snug
- Tunics-These are shirts that are loose fitting and longer than other shirts
- Nursing-These are shirts that make it easier for breastfeeding mothers to feed their babies
Just like with maternity jeans, maternity tops aren’t too different from normal tops. The only difference is they are made so they aren’t as tight around your breasts and growing stomach. You can get the shirts in pretty much any style including: V-neck, crew neck, and round neck. As for the color and/or pattern, the possibilities are endless. For example, you can have shirts that are solid colors, multiple colors, have pictures, or have patterns.
As you can see, there are many options to choose from in order to be comfortable and stylish during pregnancy. Just because your body is changing and you are growing a baby doesn’t mean you can’t look good or feel beautiful.